Pickled Banana Peppers
The best and easiest banana pepper pickling recipe for a crunchy, sweet, vinegary, slightly spicy snack! Eat them alone or add to your favorite dish!
- 5-7 banana peppers seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 3 parts white vinegar 1 part water
- 2 tablespoons kosher or pure sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
In a saucepan, add all ingredients, except the banana peppers, together and bring to a low boil for 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool while slicing and seeding the peppers.
Slice the banana peppers into 1/4 inch thick rings, removing the seeds as you go.
In your sanitized jars, add your banana peppers so they fill the jar approximately 3/4 of the way full, then add the pickling brine over the peppers.