If you’re ever looking for a recipe that will allow you to have a grilled BBQ chicken breast, without having to fire up the grill, you’ve officially found it! Here is a nice easy weeknight recipe you can put together quickly and make in large quantities. This tangy mustard grilled BBQ Chicken recipe is delicious and has a real nice sweet, savory, tangy punch I just love. You must try it!
Is chicken your go-to protein? It’s a popular choice for easy meal preps whether it’s for lunch with a quick side of veggies, or a full hearty dinner. Having a new recipe in you arsenal is crucial to not get tired of plain old grilled chicken!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you!
This delicious grilled chicken recipe is super simple to follow and comes together quickly. As with most dishes I feature, the ingredients are accessible. So you won’t need to run around looking for specialized ingredients! This keeps your grocery budget in check!
You will really enjoyed this selection from the EveryPlate menu this week. It was perfectly juicy, perfectly portioned, and exactly what we all like in a dinner. A nice, well rounded meal that your whole family can enjoy.
TANGY MUSTARD BBQ CHICKEN
WITH ZUCCHINI AND CHIPOTLE MASHED SWEET POTATOES
One of the best things about this grilled Tangy Mustard BBQ Chicken recipe is that so versatile. You can make it into a prepped meal for lunches, or a quick freezer meal to heat up in a pinch. You can even try the delicious sauce on other meats of choice. This is a fresh, clean, and satisfying dinner you’ll love!
Tangy Mustard BBQ Chicken
- 2 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 5 oz Chicken Breast
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 c BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt Pepper
- Clean and dry all produce. Peel and chop sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Cut ends off and then cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium pot with enough water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Add 1 tsp salt to water
- Bring to a boil and cook until very tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return to pot; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels and season all over with salt, pepper, and ¼ tsp chipotle powder. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. (Lower heat if browning too quickly!)
- While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, 1 TBSP ketchup, and as much mustard as you’d like. The more mustard, the more tangy it will be! Once chicken is done, turn off heat and brush all over with half the sauce. Transfer chicken to a plate to rest. Wash out pan.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash drained sweet potatoes with 2 TBSP butter, and a pinch of chipotle powder. Add a splash or two of water, if necessary, until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between plates along with chicken and zucchini. Serve with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.