Do you ever crave a cold, crunchy, juicy salad? Yes, juicy! Especially after a stretch of indulgent meals, holidays, parties, events, and every other thing that throws us off track. You’ll love pulling this Classic Wedge Salad topped with bacon, blue cheese and drizzled with balsamic glaze, together to satisfy all those cravings. It’s easy, quick, super satisfying and super inexpensive to make.
You will usually have all of these ingredients for a this salad in the house readily available. Avoid food waste by finding recipes that can utilize things you already have on hand. It’s a good practice to get into, especially if you’re trying to cut your grocery budget. Added bonus is being able to use fresh produce from your gardens during grow season!
This recipe is low carb and keto friendly for our anti-carb friends!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you!
Ingredients and Variations
You may have a few preferred brands when it comes to this salad, like everyone’s favorite from a little restaurant named Outback. This is an excellent knockoff of the Outback Wedge Salad.
We are also a little particular about our salad dressings, specifically Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, which will always be a classic. To me, this is the OG ranch dressing, but feel free to use your own!
I also really like this balsamic glaze because it’s nice and thick and you don’t need a lot!
There are some variations of this salad that exist, and you should absolutely experiment with different combinations! A popular substitution is to replace the bacon with charizo, or use blue cheese dressing rather than ranch.
You can also customize this salad completely to your own liking to satisfy whatever you may be craving. You can also try different cheeses, such as goat cheese. And if you’re trying to watch the calorie intake, you can use turkey bacon or any kind of cooked, leftover chicken instead of bacon.
You really can’t go wrong with whatever you choose! Try out the classic version and then have fun in the kitchen next time you’re ready to make it again!
Recipes You’ll Love:
Classic Wedge Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 matoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tsp Balsamic glaze
- Remove the core from the head of iceburg lettuce by hitting the stem firmly against your counter top. This will loosen the core and allow you to twist and remove.
- Quarter the lettuce and rinse under cold water very well
- While lettuce is rinsing, begin cooking your bacon.
- Heat medium sized pan on stove to medium high heat.
- Cook each slice of bacon well done on both sides for 3 minutes each side.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil and cool
- Once cooled and drained, chop into one inch chunks
- Chop tomatoes into cubes and remove seeds
- Chop onions into tiny cubes, nearly minced
- Arrange the 1/4 wedge of lettuce on a plate
- Spread 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing over the top of the lettuce, or enough to your liking
- Evenly distribute and sprinkle the onion the tomatoes and bacon over the top
- Drizzle balsamic glaze to finish